Parents and Friends’ Association meeting - 11th November
Our next St Saviour’s and St Olave’s Parents and Friends’ Association (PFA) meeting will take place on Wednesday 11th November 6.15 - 7.30pm. All parents are invited.
The Parents and Friends’ Association (PFA) at St Saviour’s and St Olave’s echoes the vision and values of our school: learning, leadership, relationships, faith and aspiration.
The Parents and Friends’ Association therefore provides an opportunity for parents to:
· engage in dialogue about their daughter’s learning;
· discuss school issues with senior leaders and other members of staff;
· build a stronger relationship with the school and with other parents;
· consider how the Anglican values of the school can be shared and communicated by all members of our school community;
· share ideas on how best to support our students so that they all achieve their potential.
The Parents and Friends’ Association are an evolving group and open to change and new ideas. All parent and carers of students who enter the school are automatically members of the Parents and Friends’ Association. Our Parents and Friends’ Association is a parent-led group that meets regularly with SLT and, at times, other members of staff. It provides an opportunity for parents to ask questions and engage in dialogue about issues to do with their daughter’s education. We aim to meet at least once a term.
As parent voice is important to St Saviour's, parents are always encouraged to set the agenda for these meetings. The group does not discuss issues relating to individual children or teachers, which can be raised through other channels. Rather, the meeting Parents and Friends’ Association looks at school-wide issues that affect all students and are therefore relevant to all parents.
The Parents and Friends’ Association are often represented at key meetings throughout the academic year. They also support the school in raising funds for key events such as the school production, the 6th form Prom.